The Student Support Service Advisor recruits, interviews, advises, and coaches students who meet the U.S. Department of Education guidelines for TRIO. The SSS Advisor will provide direct services related to improving persistence, graduation, and transfer rates of disadvantaged students, particularly those who are low-income, first generation college students, disabled, and/or academically deficient. This is a grant-funded position.
1. Demonstrates the Viking Values of balance, clarity, gratitude, service, teamwork, and trust.
2. Complies with all federal and state laws and regulations relating to higher education.
3. Collaborates with other campus programs in serving at-risk or disadvantaged students.
4. Promotes the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in education.
5. Works as an effective member of the Student Support Services team.
This position requires three professional references. This position is considered a security sensitive position and will require a criminal background check.
GRAYSON COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION PROVIDING EDUCATIONAL AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON THE BASIS OF MERIT AND WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, GENDER, AGE, DISABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The employer actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations. For more information, please contact the human resources office at 903-463-8770 or email@example.com.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.