Supervises the daily operations of a college residence hall. The residence hall supervisor lives onsite to monitor activities and promote student safety. Campus housing is provided at no cost.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
30% Develops and maintains a group-housing environment conducive to the social, emotional, and academic growth of resident students.
20% Supervises resident assistants and teh resident leaders program.
20% Oversees the general upkeep and maintenance of the residence hall; ensures repairs are completed in a timely manner and the facility remains clean and safe.
10% Enforces residence hall policies and administers corrective action plans as needed for violations of college policies.
5% Participates in recruitment and marketing activities in conjunction with the Admissions Department and represents the housing and residential life at various recruiting events and functions.
5% Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrates the Viking Values of balance, clarity, gratitude, service, teamwork, and trust.
2. Complies with all laws and regulations related to student housing and higher education.
3. Maintains a high level of professionalism; establishes and maintains boundaries with students living in the residence hall.
4. Takes initiative to address and resolve conflicts that arise in a group-housing environment.
5. Models positive behavior for students in the residence hall.
6. Promotes equity and diversity in student programming.
7. Informs the director of issues affecting the residence hall and/or students living in the residence hall.
8. Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
Property management skills or previous work experience in a college student housing program.
This position requires three references. This position is considered a security sensitive position and will require a criminal background check.
GRAYSON COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION PROVIDING EDUCATIONAL AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON THE BASIS OF MERIT AND WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, GENDER, AGE, DISABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The employer actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations. For more information, please contact the human resources office at 903-463-8770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.